Adding options graph to UI

i believe that users of varying levels of experience would benefit from having an options risk graph and profit calculator available to look at somewhere in the UI. It would allow users to very quickly assess the risk/profitability profile of different strike prices and expiration dates. Graphs like these convey the necessary information in multiple ways.

2 Likes

We were having some infographic like this in the old version.
However we delete it as we got feedback that something like this seems abundant.

Well, right now in the new UI, there is nothing explainatory for the new options users. It could be useful to add a info page in the next UI update.
What about:
1\ Some introductory information about the particular options in words;
2\ A simple P&L picture changable with the underlying asset price.

1 Like

Good idea Caesar. Like Ryan said maybe a simple P&L graph/page to help track your options’ profit/loss. Maybe a calculator is needed to assess the risk involved much like the mining calculator.

I understand why the simplicity of the new UI would be attractive. But I believe that having this information accessible perhaps as a link that pops up the calculator the way it is in the mining UI would be helpful.

I actually also like the text information display that I saw in the main competitor UI. It actually really simplifies the option math for less experienced user:

If the price of X rises higher than Y during the next Z period your option will expire worthless.

If the price of X falls lower than Y during the next Z period you will be able to exercise your option and take profits.

2 Likes

The infographic on the old version has some bugs when using on different browsers. It slides doesn’t move properly. Besides, I agree… it was a bit abundant.

Now, we don’t have any graph and I missed it.
I like Hegic’s graph. It’s quite simple.

Anyway, a simple x-y chart will do.

1 Like